Monday, April 19, 2010

Square Foot Garden April 2010


I'm uber happy that I was able to transfer our garden to our new home. It looks so much more inviting in it's new resting place. I'm pleased to also say that I was able to score some MAJOR deals on plants at our local Ace Hardware store. There's not a final count but I know that there are over 70 plants & I only spent $22.







A cool trick to remember; when you purchase plants, be sure to look at the base of the plant. See if you are actually getting just one plant or a cluster of plants. I have found that the more expensive pots at home depot & lowe's, generally only have one plant. However, the less expensive ones at plant sales, Ace, neighborhood farmer's markets, often contain more than one plant per pot. Sometimes you can score 5 plants per pot. (Now that's a bargain!!!)

So here is the beginning of what I hope will be a very productive year. I have so many plants that I am going to plant the extra directly into the ground & see how they will do in this soil. Fingers crossed, I'll be able to till in the next couple of days. We've had tons of rain over the weekend & will NOT be able to till this soggy soil.


No comments: